Keep Those Receipts Handy!

Posted on 06 July 2011 by Vikram

“I recently bought a new graphics card for my computer and realized that it has 3 years ofΒ Warranty! Now now… where do I save the receipt for 3 years?”

“My CA has been asking me for all my payslips to file my tax return.. Wish I had saved them in one location!”

If this seems to be your problem, Track Every Coin has a solution for this! Yes you can now attach your receipts under “Add expense” and attach your payslips to your “Add income” feature.

Consider an example where you have bought a graphics card and you have a 3 years warranty. Using your mobile phone you can quickly click a picture of the receipt…

Now login to your Track Every Coin account and click on “Add Expense”

Select the file (can be jpg or pdf) and save it. We are currently limiting the size of the file to 1MB. Once the file is attached, it is displayed in your grid.

Now be worry-free about keeping your receipts handy, for most of us dont find the recepits when we need them the most. Claiming your warranty becomes very easy.

You can save all the important documents you may need for future reference, like payslips, form 16s, income tax returns, household bills, receipts, bills to be reimbursed from your company.. you name it!!

We help you save your documents for life πŸ™‚

Do tell your friends about this new feature!

29 Comments

• At 2011.07.06 15:06, Chaitanya said:

Though I am an avid TECI user, I am concerned about privacy to trust my payslips with you!

• At 2011.07.06 15:39, Vikram said:

Thanks for your comment. We have taken care of this as this is the number 1 concern everyone will have. Our backend has been designed in such a way that only the owners will be able to access the files. i.e. with out your username and password no one can access the files you upload.

• At 2011.07.06 23:22, Harish Sable said:

Thanks Vikram…

Really its useful and safe to keep the importent docs.

• At 2011.07.07 00:47, Vishal Singhal said:

I am an addict for TEC and add even the coin expense for my CA to ask for when ever he so wishes…even he is happy now that I use TEC. and with this feature of image saving, it would be all the more easy for me to keep track of every incoming and outgoing. will it also work from mobile wap interface. if yes, it would be awesome. Never the less, thanks for the continuous upgrades in your apps. Great work…

• At 2011.07.07 06:36, Vikram said:

Thanks for your nice words. This feature is not yet available on the mobile app site. Yes, we will try to bring it on the mobile app site as well. Trying to figure out if the mobile framework supports it πŸ™‚

• At 2011.07.07 06:35, Abhinav said:

Vikram,

It is a very good feature looking at it holistically. But, my only question is the time and effort it consumes in scanning and uploading every receipt. I am looking at the ROI part, is it worth the time and effort?

• At 2011.07.07 06:43, Vikram said:

Thanks for your feedback. Yes, you have a very good point. In future we will try to reduce the effort required by linking it to your cell phone’s camera. But for now, you can always click with your cell phone and attach!

ROI: I figured it is worth my time when I figured out that my cell phone was under warranty and I couldnt claim it as I didnt have the receipt.

• At 2011.07.07 15:47, Akanksha said:

Will the scanned copy or photographed copy of the bill acceptable by the vendors/servicing providers ? I know Tata Croma has started mailing the bill itself to email id, but will other stores for mobiles, appliances etc accept it ?

• At 2011.07.08 07:33, Vikram said:

All bills will have a bill number printed on it. For warranty it is only a proof of purchase that is required. They can always verify the bill against their copy of it. Moreover most billing systems are computerized, they can search with the bill number.

• At 2011.07.07 16:31, naveen said:

Good update Vikram,one stop shop to keep all those important reciepts!

• At 2011.07.11 19:54, Vikram said:

Thanks πŸ™‚

• At 2011.07.11 17:13, sughosh s. nigale said:

Nice feature Vikram.

• At 2011.07.11 19:55, Vikram said:

Thanks! πŸ™‚

• At 2011.07.20 09:36, kandalla vamsi said:

Hi Vikram, it would be nice it TEC allows to add expenses all at once.
                  The reason for this I started writing my expenses(in a excel sheet) from January of this year but I started using TEC in July. If I want to write(upload) all my expenses from January onwards onto TEC it would take huge amount of time to do that as TEC allows to add expense one by one and not in bulk. Can TEC allow to upload expenses in bulk just like Picasa allows to upload photos on web in bulk ?.

• At 2011.07.27 15:52, Vikram Chadaga said:

Thanks for your feedback. We currently do not have this option. We have noted down your request and we will implement it in future. Feel free to contact us if you have more questions / Suggestions.

• At 2011.08.04 14:09, Swaroop said:

Hi Vikram,

Awesome job in getting in new features for the site. Loved the idea of storing your receipts. Hey but a small suggestion, I feel it would be great if you can view the receipt on the site and not download it at all times.. I don’t know, just a vague thought.

• At 2011.08.05 13:10, Vikram Chadaga said:

Thanks for the feedback. We will implement this in future.

• At 2011.08.28 00:19, Prasad said:

Hi Vikram,
                      I downloaded your trial version of the desktop application today, I updated the categories online, i wanted the categories to be in sync between offline and online versions. i need to edit the categories in the desktop version to make them in sync

• At 2011.08.29 07:22, Vikram Chadaga said:

Currently our desktop application is a one way sync. i.e. data from the desktop application is transferred to the web. You can create the categories on the desktop app and they will be transferred to the web.

• At 2011.08.31 09:49, Prasad said:

Hi TEC,

A small suggession, on the expenses tab when we give dates option and and provide from and to dates, i see it ignores the to date. for eg: if i give say 1st Aug to 15th Aug, it takes only expenses from 1st to 14th. Hope it is not intentional.

Regards
                        Prasad

• At 2011.09.08 12:29, Vikram Chadaga said:

Thanks for the feedback. We have checked and this is a bug. We will fix it shortly πŸ™‚ Thanks for reporting it.

• At 2012.02.08 04:00, Christine said:

Hi Vikram

I’ve just been using TEC for a few days and love it very much! It’s never been so easy to track my expenses! Thank you for this great app. I have 2 questions.

1. Once the file of a receipt is uploaded onto TEC, can I delete the image from my mobile? Is it permanently stored on the website?

2. Will you begin to charge for TEC service or will you perpetually offer it as a free service? (which is awesome for us users!!)

Thank you.

Warm regards
                          Christine

• At 2012.02.08 10:24, Vikram said:

Hello Christine,

Thanks for your kind words. We really appreciate it.

Replying to your questions:

1. Once you attach a receipt to an expense, we permanently store it on our servers until you delete the expense from your account. When you delete the expense, the corresponding receipts are also deleted.

2. We currently do not have any plans to charge customers. We assure you that most parts of TEC will always be free! πŸ™‚

• At 2012.04.02 12:26, Sachin said:

Is there any way we can add our own categories under the Expense column?

• At 2012.05.16 02:05, Cael said:

I love the option to store an image of the receipt, it’s very useful! I have one suggestion though that I would love to see implemented: instead of having the button to download the saved receipt image, it should bring up the image in a new window for viewing and then have the option to save it. It would make it quicker to check a receipt real quick without having to download it!

• At 2012.05.16 08:06, Vikram said:

Thanks for your feedback and we are glad you are enjoying Track Every Coin. We have noted down your suggestion and we also think it is very important to view quickly. We will implement this in future.

• At 2012.06.27 14:12, sowmya said:

hw does the bill reminder works. wl it remind via mail or is there option to remind to mobile.

• At 2012.07.05 11:04, Vikram said:

Bill reminders will send you an email as reminders. We do not have SMS facility yet.

(Required)
                              (Required, will not be published)