Features from Customer Feedback

Posted on 08 September 2011 by Roopa

Firstly, a big thank you to all our customers who have been sending us feedback and suggestions for Track Every Coin. It has given us a good opportunity to further improve the product and to serve you better!

The current release if focused on making changes based on the prioritized feedbacks. This is what in store for the first batch:

1. Many users wanted to add recurring expenses based on the following:
  • Quarterly
  • Bi-Monthly
  • Half-Yearly

Advantages of having these recurring expenses is to enable you to add your Life Insurance premium which could be a Quarterly / Half-yearly payments.

You can now add recurring expenses based on the following

• Weekly
  • Bi-Weekly
  • Monthly
  • Bi-Monthly
  • Quarterly
  • Half Yearly
  • Yearly
  1. Any expense marked as a “Reimbursement” is not shown in the Expense graph anymore. In other words, any reimbursable expense is only present in the expense listing and not in the expense graph.

Hope you find these features useful! Kindly continue to send us you feedback and suggestions and enable us to serve you better.

41 Comments

• At 2011.10.11 11:19, William Lewis said:

Hi,
    First of all this is a fantastic tool to track and control expenses. Super UI! It would be nice to have an option to sub-categorize expenses. Example – 1. Food, would love to add categories like veg/nonveg/fruits etc. I know we simply create them as top level categories but it would be cool and more importantly useful to see the graphs with sub categories.

• At 2011.10.17 11:30, Vikram Chadaga said:

Thanks for your kind words. We appreciate it.

We have noted down your feedback to our list. We will look into this.

• At 2012.01.06 20:30, Bhushan Goilkar said:

Hi,
      I am a regular user of Trackeverycoin!
      Its a superb tool to track our expenses!
      Its easy to understand and great..!!!
      Great work by TECI..!!
      Thanks to TECI team..!!

What I want to ask is that..
      Whenever we add recurring expenses..
      Suppose we add monthly..
      It’ll automatically add every month right..
      So If we want to stop recurring expenses..
      So that we don’t want it to be added next month..
      How can we do so??

Thank you very much..!!

• At 2012.01.07 22:27, Vikram said:

Thanks for the wonderful words.

To remove recurring expense, edit the latest recurring expense and change the frequency as “One time” and save it.

Feel free to contact us if you have any other questions.

• At 2012.12.01 10:21, Logan said:

Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

• At 2012.12.03 20:59, Vikram said:

Great! Glad to help out anytime.

• At 2012.01.07 00:25, Dilip said:

Dear Vikram,

While adding expenses and incomes, it would help if you have a feature where on entering an alphabet of category, it takes you to that category and then only thing you need to do is enter to select that category.

Also please let me know if multiple expenses/incomes can be added through one entry.

Thanks,
        Dilip

• At 2012.01.09 21:44, Vikram said:

Hi Dilip,

Thanks for your feedback.

We plan to make all our drop downs as HTML only. After which on selection of the alphabet, category will be selected.

We are working on an import feature. This will be launched shortly.

Regards,
          Vikram

• At 2012.01.17 14:22, victor said:

Hi, Any progress on making the sync two way?

• At 2012.04.01 16:28, Vikram said:

Yes. We are working on this. We will make this happen.

• At 2012.07.03 00:31, Sayak said:

If we get two ways sync… this application will sortout many of our problems…

• At 2012.01.17 14:42, victor said:

Hi Vikram,

The work here is superb. Keep it up. Just wanted to know if you can sort expenses or income using Category or Description. It would be really helpfull.

Kind Rgds,
            Victor

• At 2012.04.01 16:30, Vikram said:

Thanks a lot for you appreciation. It means a lot to us.

We have noted this down and will add it to our product road map.

• At 2012.02.26 23:14, Abhishek said:

Plz provide the reports in excel format .

Regards
              Abhishek

• At 2012.04.01 16:29, Vikram said:

We will be adding this feature soon.

• At 2012.03.31 22:47, Ajay said:

How to add savings and investments, like I invest 7000 every month in Mutual funds and 24000 yearly in LIC.
                Can it handle investments in online interface.
                Thanks for such a nice tool. :)

• At 2012.04.01 16:33, Vikram said:

We Currently do not support this explicitly. This is already in our product road map and we will implement this. There is a quick fix for this. Savings can be added as a new contact and shared expense against the contact. This way you will see all your savings under who owes me.

Long term investments can be a category. That way when you search for a category you will see the total amount invested in that category.

• At 2012.04.01 16:49, Senthilnathan Vedi said:

First of all, hats off to the IONLAB team. Among many of the expense tracker tools that i reviwed, trackeverycoin is simple, easy to use ,at the same time fantastic. I truly appreciate the efforts being made. At this moment, i’ve one suggestion. It would be nice to have the flexibility of adding an expense category by the user. Hence every users can personalize his own set of expense categories (i.e ability to add new expense category atleast) and track the expenses accordingly.

Thanks,
                  Senthilnathan Vedi
                  P.S : As i am a software professional myself, i would like to be part of such a development team who creates such simple,yet powerful tools and that too provide it for free.

• At 2012.04.03 10:15, Vikram said:

Thanks for your wonderful words and encouragement. This has what kept us going.

You can add your own categories by clicking on “Edit Categories” just above the pie chart.

More details at:

Appreciate you being a part of the team. Send me a note at: vikram[at]ionlab.in

• At 2012.04.08 19:37, Senthilnathan Vedi said:

Hi Vikram,
                      Thanks for the reply. Not sure if you had already fixed this. But just a small thought. The sorting feature for “Amount” in your desktop application works by character sorting. That is why, in your desktop application value 315 takes precedence than 32. You might have already added this bug to your queue. Just in case if you had missed, please remember to fix the “Amount” sorting to do it based on numerical value instead of character value.

Thanks,
                      Senthilnathan Vedi

• At 2012.04.10 23:32, razi said:

hi,

nice application , will you charge for this application any other day .

• At 2012.04.11 09:26, Vikram said:

Thanks for your kind words. Our basic feature will always be free. Basic feature is what you are seeing now :) In future we might introduce advanced features which will have a small fee.

• At 2012.05.05 23:28, Krishna said:

Hi, I just started using your website and its designed wonderfully. Just wanted to know if you can add a feature to track the account from which the expense is made.. e.g I have 2 credit cards, and I make an expense from CC 1 ..I need to track that.. also make a transfer from my bank account to my credit card at the end of the month.

• At 2012.05.08 14:34, Roopa Chadaga said:

Thank you for the valuable feedback Krishna, we are working towards bringing out more features from Customers feedback and we will add your too. For now, you can add the expenses from different credit cards a part of your expense description for a quick fix. And add ‘Reminders from the application’ for the monthly fund transfers across accounts. Hope this workaround helps.

• At 2013.01.28 19:19, Jini said:

Great work, I’m not seeing the quarterly/half yearly frequency in desktop app. Is there any option to bring this. Thanks.

• At 2013.02.11 14:22, Vikram said:

Thanks. Our desktop application has not caught up with the features on the website. We would suggest you to make use of the website as it has lot more features.

• At 2012.05.23 23:34, Naresh said:

Hi
                        Fantastic application, really liked the user friendly interface. Brilliant work by TECI team.

Few pointers which I feel would make it more comprehensive.
                        a) Mode of payment for each expense could be recorded, like online transaction, cash etc.. to keep a track on where the payment in coming from.
                        b) Inclusions of features like dummy bank accounts..say like I hold 3 different bank accounts and I wish to tally the outstanding amount at the end of each month with the expenses I made in that month. The mode of payment should be able to capture this and link it with the transactions in each bank account. In a nutshell all transactions for each bank account should be captured from the user.
                        c) Can the settings be changed, so as to allow users to choose the graph type for representing the data.Ex: For me a bar graph is more complete to show daily expenses in a month rather than a line graph.

• At 2012.06.01 12:23, Vikram said:

Thanks for your wonderful words. We are happy to note that you love the application.

We have noted down all your feedback. We will implement them in future.

• At 2012.06.29 23:28, Anid said:

Hi,
                          I have registered for this expense tracker. I myself is an IT professional from India and currently located in Germany. You tool has undoubtedly great features and user-friendly UI. Good work !!

I have some feedbacks to share.
                          1. Multi-laptop portability: Right now all the data is stored in your web-server ( and I believe local GUI keeps a local copy) and it can sync up with the local frontend on one laptop / ipad for one client id (Say BOND007). However suppose I have 2 laptops on for professional purpose (say lapi-1) and one for personal use (lapi-2). I guess it will be better if you allow a user to register with same user id (say Bond007) from multiple system (currently it does not allow on desktop GUI).Now suppose I am in office and update some details from lapi-1. And later in the evening I come home, and login in lapi-2 and initiate sync up. The server checks the latest time-stamp (for the record in webserver and on local data on lapi-2) and updates the local data on Lapi-2. I already use a cloud service and I find this feature really useful. I guess your framework is adequate to handle this, all you need to do is to take identify the latest record (which the most updated once) to determine priority for overwriting old record (could be on server or on local system).

2. Currency conversion: Suppose someone working abroad has savings / expenses in INR also earning in EURO/USD/ etc. If this tool can support multiple currency (better instead of letting the user to input the conversion rate, capture the current conversion rate from any of n numbers of currency conversion portals feed, like www. xe.com) and shows the result in a single currency
                          Anyways, these are just my input. I know it will be too much to ask all this in a freeware. But if you can launch a paid product, I guess you can cover the development expenses for such work.

Overall, Good work.
                          Regards,
                          Anid

• At 2012.07.08 10:27, Vikram said:

If you are using the desktop application, it is does not have dual sync. i.e. information from the website is not sent back to the application. If you are using the website from all computers, this problem is automatically solved. i.e. if you enter expense from any computer you will be able to access from any other computer.

Thanks for the feedback on currency conversion. We are working on something new on this aspect. We will keep you informed.

• At 2012.07.09 00:42, David Condit said:

Can I set up two separate accounts, one for business and one for personal? Thanks!

• At 2012.07.09 09:49, Vikram said:

Yes, feel free to create two different accounts if you’d like.

• At 2012.07.09 10:01, Vikram said:

From the home page you can create two separate accounts by clicking on Signup. You will need a different email address for the second account.

• At 2012.07.30 09:01, PSridhar said:

First of all this is excellent tool to track expense. Especially sync concept, we can update from internet or mobile or desktop.

kudos to your team

My only feed back is please provide a option for adding multiple account (Managing multiple accounts with different name) and provide a option for sub category. e.g. “Rice” is the sub category of “Food”

Thanks and Regards
                              Sridhar

• At 2012.08.04 14:44, Vikram said:

Thanks for your kind words. It means a lot to us.

Both your feedback are very valid and we have made a note of the same. We will try to incorporate the same in future. Both supporting multiple accounts and adding sub categories.

• At 2012.11.05 02:07, eric aponte said:

My cannot login, i tried to email you but it won’t even let me email you with my problem, my password is *****, doesn’t work, i requested 4 new passwords, they don’t work? please help!

• At 2012.11.10 02:20, Vikram said:

Hope you were able to login. Do try in different browsers in case you are not able to login using internet explorer. Feel free to contact us if you still have trouble logging in.

• At 2013.04.24 16:47, Vasu said:

I would say this is the best best expense tracking tool I have come across. Congratulations! I am not sure this question was asked before or I am doing something wrong- the frequency feature doesn’t seem to be working: for example I get paid salary bi monthly and I added today’s salary and chose bi monthly. But I don’t see it recurring in future months. Am I doing something wrong? I also tried with weekly expenses but it is not showing. Help.

• At 2013.09.03 08:29, Vikram said:

Thanks for your kind words. There was an issue in recurring expenses before. We have fixed it. Let us know if you are still seeing this issue.

• At 2014.02.05 04:25, Ad said:

Hey Vikram,
                                    It is great to see such i nice product.I was looking for something like this from long time.3 Cheers to you.

I have a query does Track every Coin suport muli currency Income and expense.I keep travelling to multiple coutries so i was interested if Track every coins support tracking of Income generated and expense occured within a particular region and can be tracekd with one login??????? Something like managing mulitiple account with different name under same login ..that will be great I know its too much :)

• At 2014.02.09 23:55, Vikram said:

Thanks for your kind words. Best way to track multiple currencies is to create an event every time you go on a trip. Events can have any currency. Add all your expense of the trip in the event. Once you are back, click on “Finish an event”. This will add the total expense of the event in your local currency to your monthly expenses. Hope this helps.

(Required)
                                    (Required, will not be published)